About Consumer Debt Counselors
Consumer Debt Counselors is a fully accredited, licensed and bonded 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that assists people with debt- and credit-related issues. Since 1998, it has been our privilege to help you understand your credit report, resolve issues with unsecured debt (such as credit cards) or student loans, understand your rights and options when it comes to your mortgage, and help you prepare your credit and get down-payment assistance where available for your first home.
Our mission is to educate our clients and the public on how to better manage their financial resources and empower them to resolve their financial problems. Through our programs, we are able to help individuals and families learn the responsible use of credit and basic household money management skills, as well as how to increase their net worth through asset building.
In the communities we serve, Consumer Debt Counselors is a trusted and respected voice for consumer financial education and financial problem resolution. We are an active participant in the community, providing clients with referrals to a network of local resources and service providers when needed. Our goal is to be respected, sustainable and transparent.
As a nonprofit company, we have a commitment to furthering our mission for the betterment of the American public. In order to accomplish this, Consumer Debt Counselors has embraced value-driven leadership. Our values govern our behavior as we interact with our clients and the public, as well as with each other.
First and foremost, we firmly believe that there is no greater gift that we can share than empathy. We treat our clients and the public as we would wish to be treated in similar circumstances.
We also support:
- Complete transparency in all transactions.
- Honesty in all communications.
- Objectivity, so as to never let personal interests take precedence over doing what is right for the client, public, or community.
- Respect for and encouragement of diversity.
- Continuous improvement in all we do.
- Respect for our environment.
- Accountability of board members and management to all stakeholders, including clients, the public, the community, and our staff.